I think it’s time to try this blogging thing again.
I doubt I have any readers on this blog, but just in case I do, and you’re wondering, yes, I did succeed on the 25 summit project last year. How’s that for an awkward sentence? I had so much fun that I am doing it again this year, with another 25 unique summits. How many years until I run out of mountains?? I don’t think I’ll ever run out, but it’s fun to try 🙂
Here is my summit list from last year:
1) Powderface Summit – January 5th and extremely cold
2) Prairie Mountain – 4x up and down with a fantastic group of friends
3) Sulphur Mountain and
4) Tunnel Mountain – the double!
Boo!! I can’t find the photo. I swear I was there!
5) High Dome Mountain – my first California summit!
6) Gleason Ridge – a May long weekend adventure!
7) Moose Mountain – a regular staple for me
8) Mount Allan – a double summit day and our Canada Day tradition
9) Mist Ridge – a very rough day. The scenery was beautiful but I felt like hell.
10) Heart Mountain – I took my friend Del on her first Canadian scramble!
11) Mount Rae – a scramble up the highest peak in the Front Ranges!
12) Mount Baldy – a delayed birthday celebration
13) Tent Ridge – stunning!!
14) Forget-me-not Ridge – a quick solo jaunt after work. Why don’t I run up here more often?
15) Pocaterra Ridge – a bucket list run completed after a freak snowstorm. It did not disappoint.
16) Wasootch Ridge – a very fun route!
17) Mt Revelstoke – a short detour from the beautiful Jade Lakes.
18) Windtower – a very fun hike despite the dense cloud.
19) Porcupine Ridge – I was surprised to find that this was more of a route than a trail. The views more than made up for the navigating issues.
20) St Mark’s Summit – Part 1 of a north shore adventure
21) Unnecessary Ridge – The second summit of my north shore adventure, and the best mountain name ever!
22) St James Summit – Too much rain for a photo, and deep into my north shore adventure. I was in a hurry to get down.
23) Pigeon Mountain – Nothing like watching the sunset from a mountain summit.
I had a pic, but I’ve lost it. You’ll just have to believe me that it was a beautiful evening.
24) Banded Peak – This one has been on my list of peaks to do for a very long time
25) Cox Hill – Oldy but a goody 🙂
So far this year I think I’m at 5 … but that’s for a separate blog post. Happy Trails!